It wasn’t fair to compress the classic Corolla sedan to a hatchback but Toyota seems to have won all our hearts with this conversion. This premium Hatchback has been designed to redefine luxury for you. The dimensions of this car seem to be a bit too much for a Hatchback. But its unmatched fuel economy and versatile transmission stand out. This car has every drive assist feature you dreamt of having in your car.
- Key Specifications of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
- Stand Out Features in Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022: Safety & Others
- Review Video
- Dimensions of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
- Two Key Competitors of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
- Prices of All Variants of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
- Should You Buy Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022?
Key Specifications of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
All three trims of the Corolla Hatchback 2022 are going to be rolled out with a dynamic force 2.0-liter inline-4-cylinder engine and a 16-valve DOHC chain drive with Dual VVT-I. This engine will be capable of churning out 168 hp at 6600 rpm and 151 lb.-ft. of torque at 4800 rpm.
People don’t expect Toyota cars to be frugal when it comes to fuel consumption. But Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 won all our hearts with a generous offering in this regard. The basic variants of the Toyota Corolla Hatchback are known to deliver 32 mpg in the city area and a commendable 41 mpg on highways. This brings the combined mileage estimates of this Hatchback to 35 mpg.
Transmission & Suspension
Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 has been loaded with amazing transmission options. Obviously, you have a Toyota special 6-speed intelligent manual transmission, which provides you ten selectable gear ratios and is the prime reason behind the highly efficient engine of this car. On the other side, all trims will be made available in the continuously variable transmission CVT as well. Which makes it the most versatile hatchback on the market.
Corolla Hatchback 2022 is covered by a 3-year or 36,000 miles basic warranty. An extended warranty of 5 years or 60,000 miles has been offered by the manufacturer on the powertrain, corrosion perforation, and restraint systems. In addition to that, a 2-year or 25,000 miles complimentary maintenance service is also covered by Toyota.
Stand Out Features in Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022: Safety & Others
Toyota Corolla has been the top pick of IIHS for safety. It had an unending list of safety technologies and features. No high-end feature is left missing in this phenomenal car. Some of these features are:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology
- Ten airbags
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column
- Front and rear energy-absorbing crumple zones
- Side-impact door beams
- Automatic Collision Notification
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
Dimensions of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 has a seating capacity of 5 passengers. The vehicle weighs nearly 3100 lbs. The overall length and height of the Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 are 172 & 57 inches, respectively. It has a wheelbase extending up to 104 inches. The hatchback comes with an overall width of 71 inches and a ground clearance of 5.1 inches.
Two Key Competitors of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
The two main competitors to the new Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 are:
- Honda Civic: Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla have been arch enemies for long. On one side, Honda Civic has been dynamically redesigned to impress the buyers. Then, on the other hand, Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022 is all set to give you a larger-than-life experience.
- Mazda 3: Turbocharged engine of Mazda 3 changes all game and brings fun to the table. It has a premium interior and superior handling all set to give tough competition to Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022.
Prices of All Variants of Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022
Since people have been dying to known about the prices of the all-new Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022, Toyota has tried to keep the actual retail prices under the wraps. According to the official website of Toyota, the ex-factory prices of Corolla Hatchback 2022 will be started at $20,815. However, the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) will be $25,240. Three different trims of this car will be available and their suggested manufacturer prices will be:
Should You Buy Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2022?
We’re not able to comprehend why Toyota was holding off on details about the Corolla Hatchback 2022. Especially when it came to its engine and performance characteristics. Maybe they didn’t want us to get too excited. But we’re excited as this smaller yet better Toyota Corolla has everything to offer from good mileage, a multi-purpose transmission to a dynamic interior. This hatchback is going to be worthy of every cent you spent on buying it.