Kia Sorento 2022 is a classy mid-sized SUV that offers several powertrain options. It is elegant on the outside and has a rugged interior. It is one of the few mid-sized SUVs to offer three-rowed seating. Though the cargo space is somewhat compromised due to it, still Kia Sorento is a smart and satisfying option to consider.
- Key Specifications of Kia Sorento 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
- Stand Out Features in Kia Sorento 2022: Safety & Others
- Dimensions of Kia Sorento 2022
- Two Key Competitors of Kia Sorento 2022
- Prices of All Variants of Kia Sorento 2022
- Should You Buy Kia Sorento 2022?
Key Specifications of Kia Sorento 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
Kia Sorento has quite a few trims available in the market with a wide range of performance characteristics. Two basic engine options are offered in the all-new Kia Sorento 2022:
- 191-hp 2.5-liter inline-four-cylinder engine
- 281-hp turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder
In addition to this, top-of-the-line trims also have a hybrid and plug-in hybrid option available. The eco-friendly hybrid variant runs on a combo of a 1.6-liter inline gasoline engine and a 44Kw electric motor. Giving out a respectable output of 227 horsepower. The plugin hybrid trim has a larger motor of 67Kw, churning out a healthy 261 bhp.
The basic trims with a 2.5-liter engine are expected to deliver 24 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highways. Bringing its combined fuel mileage to 26 mpg. These mileages saw a slight dip with turbo-charged engines, which gave a combined mileage of 25 mpg. The most frugal of all trims is the hybrid version which is expected to deliver 39 mpg in the city area and 35 mpg on the highways. The plugin hybrid variant is also expected to travel no less than 32 miles on electric motors alone. Making Sorento one of the most fuel-efficient cars available in the SUV category.
Transmission & Suspension
Basic trims are offered with an 8-speed automatic transmission instead of the more trendy continuously variable transmission CVT. However, the hybrid variants of the all-new Kia Sorento use a six-speed automatic transmission. The riding experience of Sorento is overall satisfactory and soothing. The powertrain response is a bit sluggish and needs improvement.
Kia has always been known to trump out its rivals when it comes to giving long warranties. Kia Sorento 2022 is covered by a 5-year or 60,000 miles limited warranty. This period is further extended up to 10 years or 100,000 miles for the powertrain warranty.
Stand Out Features in Kia Sorento 2022: Safety & Others
Kia Sorento 2022 is expected to receive an excellent safety rating from governing bodies. It comes fitted with all standard safety gears. These include dual front advanced airbags, dual front side airbags, dual rear side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, driver’s knee airbags, front seat-belt pre-tensioners, electronic stability control (ESC), lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH), and rear child-safety door locks.
Kia Sorento 2022 has been packed with several worthy features, these include:
- 25-inch Touchscreen Navigation w/ UVO link
- Apple CarPlay
- Wireless Android Auto
- Smart Key w/ Push Button & Remote Start
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- 8 USB Chargers for all three rows
- Power Driver’s Seat w/ Heated Front Seats
- SynTex Seating Materials
- Rear Occupant Alert w/ Ultrasonic Sensors
- Safe Exit Assist
- Lane Keeping & Lane Following Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert & Avoidance
Dimensions of Kia Sorento 2022
Kia Sorento 2022 has a seating capacity of 7 passengers and weighs nearly 4,000 lbs. The overall length and height of the Kia Sorento 2022 are 189 & 70 inches, respectively. It has a wheelbase extending up to 111 inches. The width of the SUV is estimated at 75 inches. In addition to that, generous cargo space of 13 cubic feet has been offered by Kia Sorento 2022.
Two Key Competitors of Kia Sorento 2022
The two main competitors to the new Kia Sorento 2022 are:
- Kia Telluride: Kia Telluride is an excellent option to consider in the midsized SUV category. Given its price, it has some pretty cool features to offer. It has generous space and a crafty interior. It comes with an extended Kia warranty, giving it an edge over its rivals.
- Hyundai Palisade: Palisade from the Korean manufacturer is an extremely elegant SUV. Kia Sorento beats it in powertrain versatility, but overall Palisade offers decent tech and features.
Prices of All Variants of Kia Sorento 2022
|SX Plug-in Hybrid||$41,000|
|SX-P Plug-in Hybrid||$43,000|
Should You Buy Kia Sorento 2022?
Kia Sorento is an excellent option to consider in the small to mid-sized SUV category. The car has an extremely wide range of powertrains and transmissions to offer. However, the plugin hybrid variants will come out on top, due to their higher fuel mileages and eco-friendly operation. Check out ratings of Kia Sorento 2022 from different platforms:
- THE CAR CONNECTION: 6.7
- CAR AND DRIVER: 8.5