The glossy, shiny, and lustrous exterior of the Honda HR-V can capture your attention instantly. It has an above-average fuel mileage for an SUV. But even with its two-way rear seats, versatile cargo space, and exquisitely built cabin, it stands no chance against other subcompact SUVs. The biggest drawback of this car is its underpowered engine that is unable to provide sufficient acceleration. For this price range you have plenty of other options, so make your choice wisely.
- Key Specifications of Honda HR-V 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
- Stand Out Features in Honda HR-V 2022: Safety & Others
- Dimensions of Honda HR-V 2022
- Two Key Competitors of Honda HR-V 2022
- Prices of All Variants of Honda HR-V 2022
- Should You Buy Honda HR-V 2022?
Key Specifications of Honda HR-V 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
If you’re into cars with higher performance then Honda HR-V might disappoint you a bit. Sadly, the engine of Honda HR-V isn’t its strong suit. Honda HR-V 2022 comes with a rather smaller engine displacement for an SUV of 1.8 liters. It has four cylinders, which are capable of producing 141 hp @ 6500 rpm. These specifications make HR-V one of the slowest and worst-performing SUVs in the market. The sluggish acceleration of the SUV makes things even worse. At 0-60 mph scale, the FWD variant takes about 8.6 seconds to reach that mark. This period is increased to 9.5 seconds if you convert to the AWD mode.
Due to the smaller sized engine, the new Honda HR-V 2022 has an impressive fuel economy as compared to other subcompact SUVs. It comes with a 13.2-gallon fuel tank approximately. The squeaky and stylish Honda HR-V is expected to deliver 28 MPG in the city and 34 MPG on highways. Which brings its combined fuel mileage to 34 MPG.
Transmission & Suspension
Honda HR-V 2022 primarily comes with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). All Honda HR-V variants are offered with both front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) options. So that you may be able to switch between the two modes. The strut-type suspension of the Honda HR-V gives sporty handling to it.
Honda HR-V 2022 comes with a standard three-year or 36,000 miles limited warranty. This period is extended up to five-year or 60,000 miles for a powertrain warranty. However, Honda doesn’t offer any free service package to new car owners.
Stand Out Features in Honda HR-V 2022: Safety & Others
Honda HR-V has received an overall 5-Star safety rating from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The SUV has been praised by almost all safety governing bodies for including features like ABS and driveline traction control, side-impact beams, dual-stage driver and passenger seat-mounted side airbags, collision mitigation braking system (CMBS) + FCW, dual-stage driver and passenger front airbags, curtain 1st and 2nd-row airbags, airbag occupancy sensor, and rear child safety locks.
Almost all standard driver-assist technologies are installed in Honda HR-V 2022, these include:
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation…
- Collision Mitigation-Front
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts
- Back-Up Camera
- Honda Lane Watch Right Side Camera
Dimensions of Honda HR-V 2022
Honda HR-V has a seating capacity of 5 passengers. The vehicle weighs nearly 2959 lbs. The overall length and height of the Honda HR-V 2022 are 171 & 63 inches, respectively. It has a wheelbase extending up to 103 inches. The track width is 61 inches at the rear and 60 inches at the front. Its mirror to mirror width comes out to be 70 inches.
Honda HR-V 2022 has plenty of leg space to offer on both, front and rear sides. It comes with primary legroom of 41.2 inches and secondary legroom of 39.3 inches.
Two Key Competitors of Honda HR-V 2022
The two main competitors to the new Honda HR-V 2022 are:
- Kia Soul: Kia Soul offers generous cargo space and exhibits pristine handling. It might lack in having an AWD mode but has an edge over Honda HR-V in the area of smartphone integration and connectivity. Both cars are set to give tough competition to each other.
- Hyundai Kona: Hyundai Kona is being launched in 2022 with high-end upgrades. The car is already popular in the subcompact SUV category. It has a stronger engine with higher fuel efficiency. It will be a hard one to beat in sales.
Prices of All Variants of Honda HR-V 2022
Should You Buy Honda HR-V 2022?
Honda HR-V has sluggish acceleration, high engine noise, and lesser features as compared to its rivals. Though car offers larger seating space and a higher fuel average. The trunk of the car has been designed to carry loads of luggage. But you can do a lot better in the subcompact SUV category. Chevrolet Trailblazer and Mazda CX-30 are some other cars to look out for in this category. Check out ratings of Honda HR-V 2022 from different platforms:
CAR AND DRIVER: 6.0