The spick and span Honda Civic is something to look for in 2022. Honda has upgraded the hardware and exterior of this affordable sedan. Making its premium-grade interior pleasant and comfortable. Though it is not as fast as we expected it to be, still it has a shown decent performance. A major drawback in Civic 2022 is the unavailability of the manual transmission. The newly designed Honda Civic offers an aesthetic appearance and a well-balanced ride. It has startling features to set roads on shine!
- Prices of All Variants of Honda Civic 2022
- Video Reviews : 2022 Honda Civic Review // Compact King by Throttle House
- Key Specifications of Honda Civic 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
- Stand Out Features in Honda Civic 2022: Safety & Others
- Dimensions of Honda Civic 2022
- Two Key Competitors of Honda Civic 2022
- Should You Buy Honda Civic 2022?
Prices of All Variants of Honda Civic 2022
- EX Sedan : $27,535
- LX Sedan : $24,380
- Sport Sedan : $25,796
- Touring Sedan : $31,051
Video Reviews : 2022 Honda Civic Review // Compact King by Throttle House
Key Specifications of Honda Civic 2022: Engine Performance, Fuel Mileage, Transmission, Warranty
With every upcoming model of Civic, Honda has worked on improving its performance. The basic trim of the Honda Civic 2022 comes with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, which is capable of producing 158 hp. The premium trims of civic can produce a fiery power output of 180 horsepower. It comes with a 1.5 liters four-cylinder engine, fitted with a turbocharger to give your car an extra dose of power. The turbocharged variant is ranked quite high at the 0-60 mph scale, it takes only 7.5 seconds to reach that mark.
New Honda Civic 2022 has the best fuel economy to offer as compared to all previous models. It comes with a 12.4-gallon fuel tank. Honda has claimed that all new civic is expected to deliver 33 MPG in the city and 42 MPG on the highways. Which brings its combined fuel mileage to 36 MPG.
Honda Civic 2022 primarily comes with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Due to the decreased popularity of manual transmissions, the automaker has decided to discontinue it with Civic 2022 in sedan styles. However, many people find driving the manual car an engaging experience. So, a six-speed manual transmission option is still available in hatchback variants to cater to those. All Honda Civic models are offered with a front-wheel-drive option only.
Honda Civic 2022 comes with a standard three-year or 36,000 miles limited warranty. This period is extended up to five-year or 60,000 miles for a powertrain warranty
Stand Out Features in Honda Civic 2022: Safety & Others
Honda has left no stone unturned to make Civic 2022 a feature-packed experience. To make it worth your money, it comes with several features like ABS and Driveline Traction Control, Side Impact Beams, Dual Stage Driver, and Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags, Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) + FCW, Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags, Airbag Occupancy Sensor, Driver and Passenger Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag to ensure your safety.
Multiple driver-assist technologies are also installed in the all-new Honda Civic 2022, which includes:
- Cruise Control-Steering Assist
- Agile Handling Assist (AHA)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) with Road Departure Mitigation
- Collision Mitigation-Front
- Driver Monitoring-Alert
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System Blind Spot Monitoring
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Back-Up Camera
Dimensions of Honda Civic 2022
Brand new Honda Civic can accommodate 5 passengers. The overall length and height of the Honda Civic 2022 are 184 & 55.7 inches, respectively. It has a wheelbase extending up to 107.7 inches. The track width is 62 inches at the rear and 61 inches at the front. However, the mirror to mirror width comes out to be 71 inches.
Honda Civic 2022 has plenty of leg space to offer on both, front and rear sides. It comes with primary legroom of 42.3 inches and secondary legroom of 37.4 inches.
Two Key Competitors of Honda Civic 2022
The two main competitors to the new Honda Civic 2022 are:
- Toyota Corolla: Corolla and Civic have been arch enemies for way too long. Toyota Corolla is a sturdy car but Honda Civic 2022 offers better value for money. Civic beats Corolla in nearly all aspects. It has better handling, performance, interior, and cabin space.
- Honda Accord: Honda Accord and Civic are engaged in an in-house quarrel. Both sedans share many common features since both are made by Honda. Honda Accord offers slightly better technology and a larger-sized cabin. But still, Civic has beaten Accord previously, when it comes to sales. We hope to see a strong fight between these two, yet again.
Should You Buy Honda Civic 2022?
If you’re looking for a midsized compact sedan then Honda Civic 2022 should be on your shortlist. It is an excellent passenger car. Its upgraded exterior is one thing to lookout. Honda Civic has a noticeable road noise on highways. Apart from that Civic offers a praiseworthy performance and improved fuel economy. Don’t take our word for it, check out ratings of Honda Civic 2022 from different platforms:
- EDMUNDS: 8.1
- MOTOR TREND: 9.2
- CAR AND DRIVER: 9.5